problem with CROATIAN, RUSSIAN or similar languages, letters, characters….

Home Forums Hermoso – Multipurpose Responsive Joomla Template problem with CROATIAN, RUSSIAN or similar languages, letters, characters….

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  turnleft 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

iklaic
    Participant

I have problem with CROATIAN, RUSSIAN or similar languages, letters, characters….

In backend when i try to write some name with for example croatian word which contain character ‘č’ and when i click ‘Save’ there is no ‘č’ only question mark ‘?’

Why? I tried reinstall all, deleted database, while installing i click also on force utf8 in 2. step of installation, for install i used quickstart package…

Please help, i’m in hurry.

Thank you!

turnleft
    Keymaster

here are the steps you should do

• Please go to phpmyadmin:
    • export your joomla database
    • delete all CHARACTER SET latin1
    • replace “CHARACTER SET latin1” to ”” (without quotes mark), if you use dreamweaver or notepad++, please use replace function, it’s easier
    • replace “COLLATE latin1_bin” with “CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci”
    • after you replace all of them, please import your database. usually you need to drop the old database.
    • btw, please backup your site first :D.

Regards,

iklaic
    Participant

Thank you for your help!!!

Problem solved….

setuly
    Participant

Hi, I also have problems with country specific (Czech) character set & some other items on webpages presentation. Can I get an email contact to describe in more details + opt. admin access provision? Thanks, setuly@email.cz

turnleft
    Keymaster

Have you tried above solution? If you have any problem with that, please email me khaleezu@gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.